Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I'm putting this out in the universe for all to see.

It is said that when you really want something, you should share your dream with everyone in order to make the universe aware of your plans.  Well, here is mine.  I've become quite infatuated with it of late.  When he is serious about something, my friend Matt Fritz likes to say "this is no sweet bullshit."  And this is not sweet bullshit. 




I'm going to buy MT Bachelor in Bend, Oregon.  Is it for sale? No.  How much would it cost? $30-50 million.  There are a few details I don't have figured out yet (although I have figured out the financing!).  Bachelor is a wonderful ski area, and it is the sixth largest in the U.S.  It is enormously popular in Bend, which is a place I have a burning desire to live.  The real issue is no one buys a ski area in order to make money.  It's kind of like saying you want to start an airline or breed horses.   Taking on $50million in debt in order to live like a pauper is unappealing to me.  And there is the little fact I don't know anything about running a ski area.  Oh well.  I'm not going to let that slow me down.  I need to win MegaMillions in order to not care. 

MT Bachelor is owned by a Salt Lake City-based company called Powdr Corp.  They own several other resorts (Killington, Copper MT, Park City, etc) and are not too popular in Bend due to a lack of investment in improvements.  I intend to make Bachelor the Crown Jewel of the West, and the most enjoyable place to bring your family that has snow.  Think Bill Veeck (famous baseball promoter) but on a mountain. 

And so it was said, and so it shall be done.

Mr. F

1 comment:

  1. gotta believe in the beauty of our dreams...right? god, please tell me i'm right - it's too depressing if it's not. ;-/

    ReplyDelete